We are in receipt of your response to the above-referenced complaint. However, you have not answered the complaint. We reiterate:
Brussels Air advertised on its website before and including 5 October 2015, the date of our flight:
see attached image
This is the information we relied upon when preparing our baggage and our budget. We were entitled to rely on this information pursuant to CFR Title 14, Chapter II, Subchapter F, Part 399, Subpart G, § 399.85 - Notice of baggage fees and other fees, and you were not allowed to publish false advertisements of your baggage fee schedule. The dated screenshot and the copy of our e-ticket clearly show that Brussels Air was, on 5 October 2015, in violation of 49 US Code §41712 - Unfair and deceptive practices and unfair methods of competition.
You acknowledged your fault when, as electronic records show, you changed the baggage information advertised on the Brussels Air website following our complaint. The change, which according to 14 CFR § 399.85 must be expressly indicated as a change and remain prominently displayed for at least three months, also fails to comply with federal law.
The "sincere apologies" expressed in the attached email are inadequate to recompense us for our psychological distress when we were forced to pay an additional fee of $100 at the ticket counter, to say nothing of the fee itself. As the countless internet sites complaining of Brussels Air's deceptive practices attest, we are not the only travelers affected by the airline's failure to comply with U.S. regulations.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Brussels Airlines Cargo Facilities
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Since yesterday April 2 nd my wife and I have been delayed 4 hours in Miami then missing our 2nd flight home . Placed on stand by waiting for..."
- "When my 75 year old grandmother, Alexandra, bought tickets to travel by Amtrak from Washington to Montreal she never thought that this trip would became a nightmare and would cost..."
- "To start off with, I went online looking for a cheap airline ticket to San francisco. Next thing I know, my bank account is overdrawn because my account has..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "My company had signed up with Thumbtack back in May of 2016... Since then 'till now we have lead our industry with over 134 reviews, have been hired over 450..."
- "My ZeroWater gasket, in the spigot of the 23 cup unit, has seemed to catch itself up within the unit. Now, my water trickles out instead of coming out with..."
- "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!! I don't usually write reviews, however this website deserves one. I had four girls purchase bridesmaids dresses for my wedding because the pictures online look amazing. Although, when..."
- "Every three months, getting refills on line on my routine prescriptions is a time wasting process, with frequent robo phone calls providing no info, unexplained delays and last minute..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."