We are in receipt of your response to the above-referenced complaint. However, you have not answered the complaint. We reiterate:
Brussels Air advertised on its website before and including 5 October 2015, the date of our flight:
see attached image
This is the information we relied upon when preparing our baggage and our budget. We were entitled to rely on this information pursuant to CFR Title 14, Chapter II, Subchapter F, Part 399, Subpart G, § 399.85 - Notice of baggage fees and other fees, and you were not allowed to publish false advertisements of your baggage fee schedule. The dated screenshot and the copy of our e-ticket clearly show that Brussels Air was, on 5 October 2015, in violation of 49 US Code §41712 - Unfair and deceptive practices and unfair methods of competition.
You acknowledged your fault when, as electronic records show, you changed the baggage information advertised on the Brussels Air website following our complaint. The change, which according to 14 CFR § 399.85 must be expressly indicated as a change and remain prominently displayed for at least three months, also fails to comply with federal law.
The "sincere apologies" expressed in the attached email are inadequate to recompense us for our psychological distress when we were forced to pay an additional fee of $100 at the ticket counter, to say nothing of the fee itself. As the countless internet sites complaining of Brussels Air's deceptive practices attest, we are not the only travelers affected by the airline's failure to comply with U.S. regulations.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Brussels Airlines Cargo Facilities
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "I am writing to let you know that not only will I never fly with your incompetent and immoral airline ever again, I will never tell recommend your airline and..."
- "Never flight with the worst flight in the world Turkish Airlines. I was a passenger of Turkish Airlines with the flight numbers TK 0870 & TK 0874 From Istanbul to Tehran. I..."
- "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!! I don't usually write reviews, however this website deserves one. I had four girls purchase bridesmaids dresses for my wedding because the pictures online look amazing. Although, when..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."
- "Wake up this morning to get a breakfast and what you get is a cashier that mocks you because of your accents or because one still unsure of his..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."