We are in receipt of your response to the above-referenced complaint. However, you have not answered the complaint. We reiterate:
Brussels Air advertised on its website before and including 5 October 2015, the date of our flight:
see attached image
This is the information we relied upon when preparing our baggage and our budget. We were entitled to rely on this information pursuant to CFR Title 14, Chapter II, Subchapter F, Part 399, Subpart G, § 399.85 - Notice of baggage fees and other fees, and you were not allowed to publish false advertisements of your baggage fee schedule. The dated screenshot and the copy of our e-ticket clearly show that Brussels Air was, on 5 October 2015, in violation of 49 US Code §41712 - Unfair and deceptive practices and unfair methods of competition.
You acknowledged your fault when, as electronic records show, you changed the baggage information advertised on the Brussels Air website following our complaint. The change, which according to 14 CFR § 399.85 must be expressly indicated as a change and remain prominently displayed for at least three months, also fails to comply with federal law.
The "sincere apologies" expressed in the attached email are inadequate to recompense us for our psychological distress when we were forced to pay an additional fee of $100 at the ticket counter, to say nothing of the fee itself. As the countless internet sites complaining of Brussels Air's deceptive practices attest, we are not the only travelers affected by the airline's failure to comply with U.S. regulations.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Brussels Airlines Cargo Facilities
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My parents and I took Megabus from Bristol to London and we have had the worst experience EVER. A group of barbarians (from the jungle/forest) were shouting throughout the journey..."
- "My wife and myself were on Southwest flight 4084 from Dallas Love field(DAL) to Washington Regan(DCA) on July 5th 2015. We chose to sit in the seats 18E and 18F...."
- "Sir, ma'am, or more than likely automated machine, "Customer relations" as your airline calls it is appalling. When my flight was delayed 2 hours because there was no crew for the..."
- "So this person I met on mingle2 under the name bestmanbeach40 stating he lives in Annapolis, Md with a 4 year old daughter band Orecious who lost her mother in..."
- "Not once but twice I received a gift of pears that were tragic to look at: black spots, scabbed skins (perhaps a plant disease), shriveled up - the second time..."
- "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!! I don't usually write reviews, however this website deserves one. I had four girls purchase bridesmaids dresses for my wedding because the pictures online look amazing. Although, when..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."